Anniversaries of 50 years or more (in multiples of five years) will be posted
within 30 days following the publication of each issue of Scouting magazine,
if received by the first day of the month of the issue's publication (i.e., March. 1
for the May-June issue). Send your
announcements (including name and address or phone number of a person
to contact) to Unit Anniversaries, Scouting Magazine, S204, P.O. Box 152079,
Irving, TX 75015-2079.
- Troop 11 - Oil City, Pa.
- 85th anniversary in 2001. For more information contact Daniel J. Karg, R.D. 1,
Box 157, Kennerdell, PA 16374, firstname.lastname@example.org, (814) 498-2669.
- Troop 351 - San Marino, Ca
- 85th anniversary in April, 2004. (Originally Troop 1.) For more
information, contact email@example.com.
- Troop 2 - East Lansing, Mich.
- 80th anniversary, October 30, 2001. Guests of honor at a spaghetti dinner
celebrating the anniversary were the Rev. Harry Johnson and Rep. Gretchen
Whitmer. Rev. Johnson is minister at Peoples Church, the troop's chartered
organization. Rep. Whitmer is the state legislator for the 70th District of
Michigan, the home district of the troop. More than 170 boys have earned
their Eagle Scout rank in the troop. Unit leaders include Rod Ritchison,
Scoutmaster; William Lockhart, chartered organization representative; and
Sherry Seelhoff, committee chairperson.
- Troop 9 - Weymouth, MA
- 75th anniversary in March, 2002.
All former Scouts and Scout leaders are invited to attend the 75th anniversary celebration of Troop 9, March 10, 2002. The celebration will be held at the troop's chartered organization, Pond Plain Improvement Association, 330 Pond St.
- Troop 32 - Keller, TX
- 75th anniversary in May, 2002
Knights of Columbus Council #759 announces the 75th Anniversary of Troop 32, Saturday, May 11, 2002. Alumni Reunion 10 a.m.-12 noon, Lunch 12 noon-1 p.m., Court of Honor 1-3 p.m., and an Anniversary Mass 4-5 p.m. Tentative location is St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Church, Keller TX. For more information contact John Ryan (817) 571-4970, 4109 Meadow Dr., Grapevine, TX 76051; All former Scouts and friends are invited.
- Troop 1 - Georgiaville, RI
- 75th anniversary in April, 2002. Troop 1 Georgiaville is looking to
locate past Scouts and Scouters from our troop to renew old friendships
and to pull our resources together to generate a troop historical
record that we can publish and send to all of our alumni. If you were
in Troop 1, please drop a line to Roger Guilmain, (Scoutmaster) 141
Swan Road, Smithfield, RI 02917.
- Pack 13 - Wiesbaden Army Airfield, Germany
- 55th anniversary in February, 2002. The majority of Pack 13 Cub Scouts are sons
of military members near Wiesbaden. About one-third have parents working for
civilian companies in Europe. With 91 boys, Pack 13 is the largest of the 82
Scouting units in the Transatlantic Council's Barbarossa District, which covers
much of Germany and Switzerland.
- Troop 110 - Farmington, MI
- 50th anniversary in February, 2002.
Troop 110 will celebrate its 50th anniversary in February.
- Troop 745 - Essex, MD
- 50th anniversary in June, 2002.
A 50th anniversary celebration will be held Saturday, June 1, from 6-9 p.m., at the Essex VFW Post 2621. The troop, chartered to the Essex United Methodist Church, invites anyone who has been a member, parent of a member, or volunteer leader to attend. A Troop 745 50th anniversary commemorative patch will be offered for sale.
- Troop 759 - Richmond, VA.
- 50th anniversary September 15, 2001. Chartered to Lakeside United Methodist
Church, Troop 759 will host a special reunion event , September 15, 2001.
For more information, contact Stuart H. Dunn, P.O. Box 28252, Richmond, VA
23228, business phone: (804) 261-3917; fax: (804) 261-9215; or the troop
Web site http://www.relc-troop759.org.
- Troop 21 - Munich, Germany
- This BSA Transatlantic troop celebrates its 50th anniversary, Sept.
21-23, 2001, during Oktoberfest in Munich. All former Scouts and
leaders are invited to attend the celebration. For more information,
contact Elizabeth diElsa, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Troop 83 - Lionville, Pa.
- 50th anniversary celebration at noon, Nov. 24, 2001, at the Lionville
Fire Dept., 15 Village Ave., Lionville, Pa. All former Scouts and leaders
are invited to attend the event. For more information contact Ruth Godlin,
130 Oak St., Downingtown, Pa. 19335, (610) 873-7576.
- Troop 51 - Schertz, TX
- 50th anniversary celebration, 6:30 p.m., Sunday, Dec. 2, 2001, at
the Knights of Columbus Hall, 509 Schertz Parkway, Schertz, Tex.
For more information, contact Walter Kula, committee chairman,
(210) 566-0617, or visit the troop's Web site at www.bsatroop51.com
- Troop 85 - Albuquerque, NM
- Troop 85 located on Kirtland Air Force Base, NM is celebrating
its 50th Anniversary on May 04, 2002. If you are planning to
attend or if you would like to contact the troop, please visit
the troop Web site at www.troop85.com or send us an
e-mail at email@example.com
- Troop 118 - Tallahassee, Florida
- Troop 118, Tallahassee, Fla. celebrates 50 years of service as Florida's
Capital Troop. On May 8, 2002, we will honor all our former Scouts and
Leaders at a special anniversary Court of Honor in the Fellowship Hall
of Blessed Sacrament Church. For more information, please visit the
troop web site at www.troop118.com
- Troop 222 - Huron, S.D.
- 25th anniversary in September 2001. A silver anniversary party is planned
for Saturday, Aug. 25, 2001, at the New Plains Dining Center, Huron, S.D.
For more information contact Lois Polfus, 854 Idaho SE, Huron, S.D. 57350,
Top of Page
Current Issue |
March-April 2002 Table of Contents
Copyright © 2002 by the Boy Scouts of America. All rights thereunder reserved;
anything appearing in Scouting magazine or on its Web site may not be reprinted
either wholly or in part without written permission. Because of freedom given authors,
opinions may not reflect official concurrence.