Anniversaries of 50 years or more (in multiples of five years) will be posted within 30 days following the publication of each issue of Scouting magazine, if received by the first day of the month of the issue's publication (i.e., Jan. 1 for the January-February issue). Send announcements (including name and address or phone number of a person to contact) to Unit Anniversaries, Scouting Magazine, S204, P.O. Box 152079, Irving, TX 75015-2079.
- Troop 204 - Anoka, Minn.
- 80 years on Jan. 31. The unit is chartered to the Anoka Kiwanis Club. For more information, contact Richard Cram, committee chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Troop 15 - Norfolk, Va.
- 75 years on November 18, 2000. The troop is chartered to Lafayette Presbyterian Church. It has had 28 Scoutmasters and 51 Eagle Scouts in its history, and leaders estimate 2,650 boys have passed through the unit.
- Troop 42 - South Bound Brook, N.J.
- 70 years in 2001. All members, past and present, and their families are invited to a special dinner scheduled for April. For more information, contact Tom Harabin, 278 Edgewood Terrace, South Bound Brook, N.J. 08880 or email@example.com or William Hulik, 161 Clinton St., South Bound Brook, N.J. 08880.
- Troop 34 - Ft. Dix, N.J.
- 50 years in February. Contact Vincent P. Bowker Jr., 10 Wildgeese Circle, Browns Mills, N.J. 08015 or firstname.lastname@example.org, (609) 893-4650
- Troop 325 - Philadelphia, Pa.
- 60 years on June 2. The unit is chartered to St. John's Evangelist Church. Contact Louis Tartack, Scoutmaster, 2427 S. Hutchinson St., Philadelphia, Pa. 19148-3725, (215) 467-2999.
- Pack 336 - Catonsville, Md.
- 50 years with its chartered organization, St. Agnes Catholic Church, in February. Contact Bob Barrick, assistant Cubmaster, 2404 Stonewall Ct., Catonsville, Md 21228, email@example.com, (410) 747-6894.
- Troop 4 - Wallingford, Conn.
- 75 years on March 24, The troop will celebrate with a special ceremony and dinner. Contact Diane Torres at DiandErnie@aol.com or (203) 265-7790 or Kim Shoemaker at (203) 269-6556.
- Troop 36 - Oradell, N.J.
- 90 years on April 11. Originally known as Troop 1, it was one of the first Boy Scout troops chartered in the nation and the second troop chartered in New Jersey. For more information see the troop's Web site at: http://www.troop36.org.
- Troop 89 - Wyckoff, N.J.
- 75 years on Feb. 11. All current and former members of the troop are invited to attend an anniversary dinner from 4 to 8 p.m. For more information, e-mail the troop at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Troop 237 - Williams Bay, Wis.
- 70 years in February. Contact Gail Fox, Scoutmaster, 16 Collie St., Williams Bay, Wis, 53191 or (262) 245-6715 or Foxg@Elknet.net.
- Troop 440 - Silver Spring, Md.
- 50 years in January. The unit is chartered to St. Bernadette Catholic Church. Contact Lou Sabatini, Scoutmaster, (301) 384-6477 or email@example.com.
- Troop 2 - Lawrence, Mass.
- 75 years in February. The unit is chartered to the United Presbyterian Church, and has had only two Scoutmasters in its history, the first having served 50 years, and Ned Schwarz, its current Scoutmaster.
January-February 2001 Table of Contents
Copyright © 2001 by the Boy Scouts of America. All rights thereunder reserved; anything appearing in Scouting magazine or on its Web site may not be reprinted either wholly or in part without written permission. Because of freedom given authors, opinions may not reflect official concurrence.
|The Boy Scouts of America||http://www.scouting.org|